Skillet seasoned with oil for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use. The skillet gets better and more flavorful with use over time. To keep delicate foods from sticking, wipe the product with a light coating of oil before cooking. Ideal for use as a tadka pan as well.
This product qualifies for free shipping
Sear | sauté | bake | broil | braise | fry or grill
Easy to clean and lasts forever with proper care - simply hand wash with gentle soap and warm water and dry thoroughly. Season after every use.
Some additional quick tips for how you can care for your product:
1. Cast iron products can break from thermal shock; i.e. dipping in very hot or cold water. Always allow your product to cool before washing.
2. Wash lightly in warm water after each use. Do not use a scouring pad, stiff brush or detergent, as you want the seasoning to remain.
3. Never let the product soak in water and always dry well to prevent rust. Apply a light coating of vegetable oil inside the product to help maintain the seasoning.
Seasoning your product using an Oven:
1. Preheat your oven to 325-degrees Fahrenheit. While your oven's heating up, wash your cast iron product with hot water and just a touch of soap. You may have heard that soap and cast irons shouldn't mix, so that you don't wear away the seasoning.
2. Dry the product with a cloth or paper towel completely. Then apply a layer of vegetable oil to the entire product, inside and out, with a paper towel.
3. With your oven, place the product upside down on the middle rack. On the lower rack, lay out aluminium foil or a baking tray to catch any dripping oil.
4. Bake your product for about an hour. After an hour turn your oven off and let the oven cool. This'll take a while, as cast irons get very hot and like to stay that way.
Seasoning your product using a Stove:
1. Heat the product on the stovetop over medium-high heat and rub with a vegetable oil-soaked paper towel or rag.
2. Allow the product to dry out on the stovetop.
3. Repeat this process until skillet looks glossy, smooth, and dark, and is not sticky or patchy, about 3 rounds. Let cool and rub with a final light coat of oil and store in a dry place.