- 8 small sweet potatoes (about 7 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1/2 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts, optional
Preheat oven to 425°. Cut thin slices lengthwise from the bottom of sweet potatoes to allow them to lie flat; discard slices. Place potatoes flat side down; cut crosswise into 1/8-in. slices, leaving them intact at the bottom. Arrange sweet potatoes in a Healthy Choices cast-iron skillet or grill pan.
Stir together the next 5 ingredients. Spoon half the butter mixture evenly over sweet potatoes. Bake 35 minutes.
Meanwhile, add herbs to the remaining butter mixture. Toss bread crumbs with Parmesan. Remove skillet from the oven. Spoon remaining butter mixture over potatoes; top with bread crumb mixture. Return to oven until potatoes are tender and topping is golden brown, 10-12 minutes. If desired, top with toasted nuts.