- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala / 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt / 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon lime juice /Chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice / Sliced red onion, optional / Lime wedges, optional
In a Healthy Choices skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender, 2-4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, and dry seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute.
Stir in tomatoes; transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker.
Stir in chickpeas, potato, and stock. Cook, covered, on low until potato is tender and flavors are blended 6-8 hours.
Stir in lime juice; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice and, if desired, red onion and lime wedges.