- 250 grams/8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook pasta according to package directions and then drain it.
- In a large Healthy Choices Cast-iron Skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green pepper and onion; sauté until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Increase heat to medium-high. In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Spread pasta evenly in skillet to form a crust. Cook until lightly brown approx. for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn crust onto a large plate. Reduce heat to medium; slide crust back into skillet. Top with pizza sauce, sautéed vegetables and olives; sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning. Bake until cheese is melted, approx. for 10-12 minutes.
1 serving: 374 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fat, 0.500 lean meat.